FESTIVAL: Boomtown Fair
WHERE: Matterley Estate, Winchester
WHEN: August 2024
HOW TO BUY ACCESS TICKETS - Not on slae yet -
If you require a free Personal Assistant ticket you will need to purchase a general ticket first and select the accessibility options during the booking process.
Alternatively you can contact the Accessibility Team.
To be eligible for a free PA ticket you must provide a copy of one of the following documents.
- Front page of entitlement letter for standard or enhanced rate PIP
- Front page of DLA letter (no specific rate required)
- Front page of Attendance Allowance letter (no specific rate required)
- Evidence that registered severely sight impaired (blind)
- Recognised Assistance Dog ID card
- CredAbility Access Card (with +1 )
- War Disablement Pension letter
If you are paying by instalments you will receive the PA ticket once all payment has been made.
If you wish to stay in The Meadow, which is reserved for access visitors you need to contact the accessibility team in advance.
You can park at a designated parking area just outside Meadow Gate
The Meadow provides the following accessible facilities:
- A daytime staffed campsite, with on-call response available at night.
- Wide access toilets
- Wide access showers
- Hand washing facilities and freshwater points
- Fridge to store medication
- Wheelchair chair charging points
- Hearing loop
- Shuttle bus to/from the entry gate
The closest train station is Winchester, which is about three miles from the site.
If you have access requirements and arriving by coach you can contact National Express via [email protected] or calling 0871 781 8181 (charges apply)
You are permitted to bring tents, campervans and caravans in The Meadow providing you can fit your accommodation in an 8m x 5m pitch.
You can bring 2 additional friends with you to camp in The Meadow as well as yourself and your PA.
The festival is situated on a greenfield site on chalk downland and is very hilly.
Please note the ground can become muddy and uneven in severe weather.
If you wish to bring an electric scooter or mobility scooter please notify the accessibility team in advance.
Viewing platforms will be provided for the main stages.
You can store medication in the fridge at the medical tent. Please ensure medication is in a plastic container with your name on it and notify to accessibility team in advance.
DID YOU KNOW?
The festival donates money from ticket sales to local charities every year and release a festive fundraising CD at Christmas.